Hellenic Hearts' EGP Free SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program
The EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program is designed for young Hellenic Americans, specifically rising high school juniors and seniors.
The program aims to prepare those taking the fall 2017 SAT test by providing FREE SAT tutoring through Princeton Review tutoring services. With the average SAT prep courses costing $1,500 per student, this program provides access to students needing assistance in preparing for the SAT but cannot afford enrolling in an individual prep course.
Table of Contents
- How can I or my child apply for the EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program?
- When is the application due?
- When will applicants be notified if they have been accepted into the program?
- What responsibilities come with being enrolled in the EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program?
- Where can I get more information about this program?
Photo by John Towner
How can I or my child apply for the EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program?
There are two (2) ways to apply for the EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program:
- Print applications can be downloaded and will be also available at EGP informational booths during various Hellenic community events in the Greater Philadelphia area between the months of January and April. Interested applicants must email the completed form to email@example.com along with the requisite supplemental documents (i.e. short essay, transcript).
- Electronic applications. Apply online now for the EGP Free SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program.
When is the application due?
Completed applications (print and electronic) must be submitted by April 29, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
When will applicants be notified if they have been accepted into the program?
Applicants will be notified during the first two weeks of May 2017. Additional program details and timelines will be provided to accepted applicants at that time.
What responsibilities come with being enrolled in the EGP SAT Tutoring Scholarship Program?
Our mission is to make the collective experience and resources of the Hellenic-American community accessible to our youth. We are also dedicated to reinforcing the cycle of giving adopted by our community. By helping better our community, SAT Tutoring Program participants are bettering themselves. We aim to achieve this goal by requiring SAT students to participate in the following charitable events:
May 2017 – June 2017: Each participant must complete 4 community initiatives outlined by EGP. Each initiative requires a one-day commitment and personifies one the following concepts:
- Mentorship, Community Restoration, Religion, Fundraising
- Failure to complete such initiatives will result in forfeiture of placement in the program
July 2017 – September 2017: After successfully completing the community initiatives, participants will attend the weekly SAT tutoring session alongside fellow accepted students. This course will include:
- Provision of all necessary course workbooks and materials
- In-class instruction and take home work
- Four timed practiced tests that will be scored and reviewed
Where can I get more information about this program?
Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions, we look forward to hearing from you!